Phillip H. and Susan Rudd Cohen Outstanding Campus
The Phillip H. and Susan Rudd Cohen Outstanding Campus Award
This award will recognize Hillel(s) that demonstrate excellence in implementing engagement approaches that target not-yet-involved students and broaden the reach of the Hillel community. We encourage Hillels of all sizes to nominate themselves for this grant.
Relationship based engagement is the act of reaching others, getting to know them, and connecting with them on the basis of their interests, ambitions, and passions with the goal of students growing Jewishly.
Award nominees should explain how their approach to engagement overall, or as applied to a specific area, demonstrates excellence in engagement. The nomination should address one or more of the following:
• Demonstrate how engagement is the foundational approach to creating, strengthening and growing Jewish life on campus
• Share how engagement is currently being implemented by students and/or Hillel professionals in a particular area of Jewish life
• A specific example applying engagement thinking to a challenge and resulting in measureable and meaningful success
• A single initiative or integration of multiple experiences that represent successful application of Engagement methodology to a universal Hillel theme, ie Shabbat, Freshman, Birthright Israel, etc.
We have crafted these questions to ensure that each nomination includes a concise yet well-rounded description of Engagement Excellence implemented at your campus(es). Use supporting documentation to elaborate upon your answers and please keep your total narrative within a 750-word limit.
Please consider the following:
• These awards are intended for the entire Hillel and not just the work of a single person. The endorsements help communicate to the committee that the entire Hillel supports this nomination.
• Hillels may nominate themselves for more than one award category. However, a single Hillel will not receive more than one award.
If you have any questions regarding the nomination process, we encourage you to email firstname.lastname@example.org.
All nominations are due by Monday, November 7, 2016.
Name of Hillel to Be Considered:
Name of Professional Submitting the Nomination(s):
Each nomination must be endorsed by a second professional who supports the eligibility for the award. If you work at a Hillel where you are a solo professional, you may use a colleague at another Hillel or your primary SIC point of contact as a second endorsement.
Name of Second Professional (field or SIC) Endorsing the Nomination(s)
Name of Board Member of Faculty Advisor Endorsing the Nomination(s)?
1. Please describe your intended outcomes and how your initiative/approach is helping you achieve your outcomes and leading towards success.
2. Share how your engagement initiative/approach is helping your Hillel meet the Drive to Excellence, specifically shifting students from the 90% to the 70%, and engaging the 70%.
3. Engagement is about breadth (numbers) and depth (substance of the interaction). Please elaborate on how you incorporate
- engaging students in meaningful Jewish experiences that help move them along their Jewish journeys.
4. How did your Hillel track and follow through with students you engaged as a result of this engagement approach/initiative? Please share both formal and informal methods.
In support of your Hillel’s nomination, you can
but are not required to
do one or more of the following:
• Provide one or two testimonials within a 250-word limit from students and/or other stakeholders involved in this initiative.
• Include links to Web pages that supported this initiative.
Attach a File
Attach a File
Please let us know if you are applying for any other awards (check all those that apply).
The Richard M. Joel Professional Exemplar of Excellence Award
The Eleanor Meyerhoff Katz Innovation Award
The Joseph Meyerhoff Award for Jewish Educational Vision
The Innovation in Fundraising Award
The Israel Education and Engagement Award
The Award for Strengthening the Global Hillel Movement
The Great Place to Work Award
The People's Choice Award: The Campus Partnership Award
Do Not Fill This Out