2016 Global Assembly Conference Session Proposals
We welcome all submissions for high-quality experiential workshops that will be relevant and meaningful to Hillel Professionals on campuses globally, and that will enhance them personally and professionally. All submissions will be subject to review and selection by a 2016 Session Selection Committee made up of campus and SIC professionals. For questions, please contact email@example.com.
Workshop submissions for the 2016 Hillel International: Global Assembly must be submitted online by Wednesday, November 2, 2016 by 5:30 pm EST.
We suggest drafting your proposal in word processing software to enable editing and spell checking, then cut and paste into the online system.
• Each educational workshop proposal should be submitted to one category only.
• Workshops must adhere to the conference theme Grow Together and target at least one of the five elements of an excellent Hillel as outlined by the Drive to
• Accepted workshops are expected to be presented in a manner that is consistent with the reviewed proposal.
• A Hillel campus professional must be included in the development and execution of any proposed workshop.
• Workshops must employ a variety of learning methods (not just frontal presentation).
• Workshops must facilitate connections between participants and idea exchange.
The five elements of an excellent Hillel as outlined by the Drive to Excellence:
1. A Talented Executive Director
2. Jewish Educational Vision & Plan
3. Israel Education & Engagement
4. Student Engagement & Leadership
5. Capacity & Organizational Excellence
What are the Workshop Categories?
All Hillel Professionals are engaging students and communities in Jewish conversations and activities. These workshops will provide a diverse set of Jewish educational offerings designed to inspire, enrich and support our professionals in doing this work. Proposed sessions can include “how to” sessions, traditional Jewish study, and exploration of new ideas and methodologies to provide Jewish inspiration for our work and souls. These workshops will include a total of 3.5 hours of classroom time; split evenly on Tuesday and Wednesday, respectively, with the same participants each day. Please be specific in the proposal about the level of Jewish education needed to participate.
Programmatic & Management Training and Workshops:
Coming together is an opportunity to learn skills, explore best practices, and stretch into new areas. The goal of these workshops will be to provide meaningful deep dives into content areas that will advance professionals’ work on campus. These can include professional development sessions, programmatic trainings, or thematic working group discussions. Workshops can be stand-alone trainings or serve as launch pads for ongoing learning and enrichment beyond the Global Assembly. These workshops will take place over three days with the same cohort of participants participating throughout. These workshops will include a total of 5.5 hours of classroom time, meeting on Tuesday and Wednesday for 1 hour and 45 minutes and 2 hours on Thursday morning.
Presenter's Phone Number
Co-Presenter's Phone Number
List any additional co-presenter's below, if applicable. Please include their name, title, Hillel/Organization, email, and phone.
Type of Workshop (please select one)
Programmatic & Management Training and Workshops
Proposal Title (Max 10 words)
Workshop Abstract - For publication in the schedule, include intended audience where applicable (Max 80 words)
Detailed Workshop Description (Max 750 words) containing:
1. Introduction (including purpose and rationale and an explanation of how this workshop connects to the conference theme and Drive to Excellence, and will
be relevant to Hillel Campus Professionals)
2. Methods of workshop experience (lecture, small groups, video, etc; and include workshop outline)
3. Learning Objectives (clearly specified actions by learners that are observable and measurable)
Relevant Presenter Qualifications
Audiovisual Requirements (including whether you will provide your own laptop, need a screen/projector, will require internet access and any sound needs.)
Please attach any files relating to your proposal in the space below
Attach a File
Attach a File
Attach a File
Attach a File
Do Not Fill This Out