2017 Global Assembly Conference Session Proposals
2017 Hillel International Global Assembly
Hillel U Professional Development Workshop and Course Proposals: Due Monday, August 21 at 10 am EST
One of the goals of Hillel International’s Global Assembly is to provide opportunities for Hillel professionals to learn and grow. This year’s conference will dedicate specific time blocks to professional learning and growth (which will be scheduled in segments of 90 minutes; 3 hours; or 6 hours over 2 days). This portion of the conference is being overseen by the Hillel U team. Like last year, we are inviting proposals for high-quality experiential workshops.
• have clear learning objectives, and
• fall within one of the skill and knowledge content areas that are defined within Hillel U’s Learning Framework of Skills and Knowledge.
The topic areas are listed below. If you would like a more in-depth understanding of the Hillel U Learning Framework, please click
All submissions will be subject to review and selection by a 2017 Hillel U HIGA Workshop Selection Committee made up of campus and SIC professionals. For questions, please contact
Workshop submissions for the 2017 Hillel International: Global Assembly must be submitted online by end of day, Friday, August 11th.
Session guidelines and parameters are below. We suggest drafting your proposal in word processing software to enable editing and spell checking, then cut and paste into the online system.
• Each educational workshop proposal should be submitted under one skill/knowledge category listed below.
• Each workshop must fit one of the following time frames:
- In-person only: We expect most proposals to fall in this category, as one of the following:
o One-time 90-min session at HIGA
o One-time 3-hour session at HIGA
o 2-part workshop at HIGA that totals 6 hours (using both time blocks)
- Course that is “blended” in approach: We expect that a small number of courses will launch during one or both of the workshop time blocks, and will continue past HIGA through online learning, for a specified number of sessions. Please indicate if you are proposing a longer-term course that continues after HIGA via web. In the description, please indicate how much in-person time you would want at HIGA, and the format, timing and length of post-HIGA online sessions. You may reach out to
if you have questions about blended course formats.
• Accepted workshops are expected to be presented in a manner that is consistent with the reviewed proposal.
• If the primary presenter is not a field professional, we recommend that a Hillel campus professional be included in the development of the workshop proposal. If a proposal by a presenter who is not a Hillel professional is selected, we will require the presenter to co-design and co-present the session with a Hillel campus professional.
• Workshops should employ a variety of learning methods (not just frontal presentation).
What are the Subject Matter Categories?
There are three overarching subject matter areas, and each has 3 or 4 categories within it. The areas and sub-categories are:
a. Jewish and Israel Education:
Applied Education Skills; Jewish & Israel Knowledge; Inspiring Jewish Life
b. Management & Leadership:
Organizational Management; Stakeholder & Community Relations; Financial Management & Fundraising; Leading & Managing People
c. Young Adult Engagement and Development:
Young Adult Development; Engagement; Student Affairs
For a more detailed understanding of the sub-categories, please click
for the Hillel U Learning Framework of Skills and Knowledge.
What are the Options for Time Blocks for the proposed workshop?
* One 90-min time slot for your workshop
* One 3-hour time slot for your workshop
* Six hours for your workshop, with 3 hours on Tuesday and 3 hours on Wednesday
* Blended: Launch your course in any of the above options, and then continue via online learning
Presenter's Phone Number
Co-Presenter's Phone Number
List any additional co-presenters below, if applicable. Please include their name, title, Hillel/Organization, email, and phone.
Subject Matter Category
Applied Education Skills
Jewish & Israel Knowledge
Inspiring Jewish Life
Stakeholder & Community Relations
Financial Management & Fundraising
Leading & Managing People
Young Adult Development
Proposal Title (Max 10 words)
Which time slot would your session fit?
one 90-min session
one 3-hour session
a two-part session totaling 6 hours
Would you be teaching a ‘blended’ course? (A course that begins at an in-person session and continues post-HIGA via online learning.)
Workshop Abstract - For publication in the schedule. Include intended audience where applicable (Max 80 words)
Detailed Workshop Description (Max 750 words) containing:
1. Introduction (including purpose and rationale and an explanation of how this workshop will be relevant to Hillel Campus Professionals).
2. Methods of workshop experience (lecture, small groups, video, etc; and include workshop outline). If a “blended” course, indicate format and duration of post-HIGA online learning.
3. Learning Objectives (clearly specified participant outcomes – in terms of skills, knowledge, or attitudes that will be shaped by this session).
Relevant Presenter Qualifications
Audiovisual Requirements (including whether you will provide your own laptop, need a screen/projector, will require internet access, and any sound needs.)
Please attach any files relating to your proposal in the space below.
Attach a File
Attach a File
Attach a File
Attach a File
Do Not Fill This Out